HoaEconomics, Mathematics, Physics, Politics, Psychology
"I won a scholarship to LSE thanks to my teachers at David Game."
- Visa and UKBA
Visa and UKBA Requirements
If you come from a country outside the European Union, you will probably need a Visa to study in the UK. In order to secure a Visa, it is important that the correct procedures are followed. The College will issue you with a letter in order to apply for a Visa after you have been accepted and paid the appropriate deposit fee. Please visit www.ukvisas.gov.uk for detailed guidance.
Visas for International Students
In March 2009, a new points-based system was introduced. Students are now able to calculate their points score before they make a visa application.
To gain a student visa, applicants will have to score 40 points against two sets of objective criteria given below:
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a College with Sponsor Licence: 30 points
- Maintenance and Fund Test: 10 points
Under the new system, a student’s visa is ‘locked’ to the Sponsor that issued the CAS used for their visa application.
Each student will be issued with the CAS, provided that he or she meets the following College and UK Government requirements:
- He/she is educationally qualified to follow the chosen course.
- He/she is expected to follow a full-time course of study.
- He/she has an acceptable study/career plan which includes any intended further and higher study after completing the College course, and/or employment plans on returning to the home country.