Please note: Due to COVID-19 information is changing. For the latest international student information and advice please contact us on 

Do I need a visa?

If you are a non-EU student it is likely you will need a visa in order to study at David Game College.  We provide very careful advice on how to fulfil the requirements of the UKVI and assist you in every step of the process.  There is a valuable web site that you can visit for further information:

Is it easy to get to the College from the airport?

Yes, there is a direct Piccadilly Line tube train from Heathrow to Earls Court (where one College residence is located).  At Earls Court you change to Platform 2  to travel on the District Line to Tower Hill.

From Gatwick Airport, a train leaves every 15 minutes to Victoria Station from where you can get a direct tube train to Aldgate (Circle Line). 

However, if you prefer we can arrange to collect you from the airport.  When you know your flight details, contact our administration team, and they can arrange this for you.

Does the College run any summer courses in English as a second language?

Through our Kensington Academy of English, the specialist English Language division of David Game, we offer many different language courses each summer and also throughout the academic year.  Popular summer schools are held in London and Bath.

What is the advantage of coming to Britain to do GCSEs or A levels instead of taking them at a school in my own country?

You can pass the examinations more quickly and get higher grades in Britain.  Teachers are often better, and you will have a wider choice of subjects.  You will also get used to life and study in the UK before going to university.

Is it a good idea to take GCSEs instead of finishing High School in my country?

This has some advantages.  Taking GCSEs will make the move to A level and on to a British university easier.  But you should not change to the UK if you have almost finished High School and are doing well there – wait until you have finished.

What level of English do I need to study at David Game College?

You will be required to take an entrance test to ascertain your level of English before commencing a course at the College if your first language is not English.  Upper intermediate or advanced level is required before you would be able to manage studies at GCSE, A level or UFP.  To obtain a student visa you will be required to show that you have passed an IELTS test at the required level, or the equivalent, in your own country.  If your level is not good enough, we can arrange lessons to fit around your other studies, through the Kensington Academy of English.  Alternatively, we can provide intensive English courses before you start your other official courses.

What is the new Immigration Healthcare Surcharge (IHS) for non EEA students?

From April 6th 2015 all non-EEA national students (except Australian and New Zealanders*) who will need to pay a healthcare surcharge as part of their student visa application:

  • All non-EEA students (except Australian and New Zealanders) who apply to come to the UK for a time-limited period of more than 6 months will have to pay for the healthcare charge in order to obtain a IHS reference number for visa application
  • The surcharge for students will be £300 per academic year (9 months).  The exact amount you have to pay depends on how much leave you’re granted.  If your application includes part of a year that is less than 6 months you’ll pay half of the yearly amount (£150).  You can find out how much you’ll have to pay from the following link:
  • If you’re making an immigration application online you pay the healthcare surcharge as part of the application process. You must complete the payment and return to the online immigration application in less than 30 minutes.
  • If you’re making an immigration application at a premium service centre, you pay the surcharge when you book an appointment.

* If you are a student from Australia or New Zealand, you still need to complete the process.  The service will tell you that you don’t have to pay anything and will give you your IHS reference number for your visa application.

More information will be available on the Home Office website:

Open Days at David Game College

If you would like to visit the college view our next available open days here.
Full details here