Academy of Engineering
The demand for skilled engineers is increasing worldwide; our course aims to introduce you to the core subject knowledge that you will need to pursue a career in engineering at university, whilst our expert tutors will deliver insights into the multiple fields of engineering to help you plot your potential career path for the future. Studying in small, interactive groups you will explore the latest developments in the engineering sector, apply theoretical ideas to practical projects, visit cutting-edge engineering companies and hear from experts in the field about life as an engineer.
On this course you will:
• Build core subject knowledge and insight across multiple fields of engineering.
• Learn to apply knowledge and skills through practical tech and robotics workshops.
• Develop leadership, team building, presentation and public speaking skills through our Da Vinci Project competition.
• Visit cutting-edge engineering companies to learn about how new technology is constantly improving production processes.
• Receive one-to-one mentoring on how to gain entry to top engineering programmes in the UK and discover what it takes to become a successful engineer.
• Visit Imperial College London and talk with admissions tutors and students about the programmes on offer and receive helpful advice and tips on how to get a place at this top-ranking institution.
• Visit an Oxford or Cambridge University college.
Career Pathway Programmes
All Career Pathway Programmes include:
• Full-board residential accommodation 14 nights
• 15 hours per week core subject modules
• 6 hours per week workshops and project sessions
• 3 Masterclasses
• 1 End-of-Course Project Presentation Session
• 1 one-to-one mentoring session per week
• 1 company visit or internship experience per week
• 1 Keynote Lecture
• 1 university visit including meeting with admissions tutors
• 2 Full day excursions
• 1 West End Musical
• Full afternoon and evening activity programme
• Travel Card
13 – 15 years old
16 – 18 years old
Minimum level B1
Price for 2 Weeks:
Course and Standard room: £4100
Course and En-suite room: £4300
2- 16 July
16 – 30 July
30 July – 13 August
£120 each way
Arrival day one day before the course start date, settle-in, induction and orientation.
Weekly one-to-one mentoring periods to be scheduled throughout the week after the morning and afternoon sessions.