Academy of Law
The Academy of Law programme is for future Lawyers, Barristers and Solicitors and will introduce you to key legal concepts and the practice of law. It will provide you with insight into the fundamentals of studying law at university and how to gain entry to top institutions. It will help you to develop the logical and reasoning skills required to construct legal arguments in a courtroom; this will be put to practice in our courtroom simulation.
On this course you will:
• Study with experts to discover the different fields of law – criminal, civil, corporate, human rights, international, family and more.
• Participate in debates on international legal issues such as climate change, conflict resolution and world trade initiatives.
• Learn how to build a legal case, conduct opening and closing speeches, present evidence and how to prepare and cross-examine witnesses from the perspective of the prosecution and defence.
• Work in teams to apply these skills in a mock trial over the course of the second week.
• Develop powerful public speaking and presentation skills with professional speaking coaches.
• Receive one-to-one mentoring on how to gain entry into top legal programmes and develop a career development plan to gain a position in a top legal firm
• Visit the Royal Courts of Justice and Old Bailey to experience top lawyers prosecuting and defending real-life cases.
• Join masterclass lectures from top professionals to learn about what it takes to build a successful career.
• Visit an Oxford or Cambridge University College.
Career Pathway Programmes
All Career Pathway Programmes include:
• Full-board residential accommodation 14 nights
• 15 hours per week core subject modules
• 6 hours per week workshops and project sessions
• 3 Masterclasses
• 1 End-of-Course Project Presentation Session
• 1 one-to-one mentoring session per week
• 1 company visit or internship experience per week
• 1 Keynote Lecture
• 1 university visit including meeting with admissions tutors
• 2 Full day excursions
• 1 West End Musical
• Full afternoon and evening activity programme
• Travel Card
13 – 15 years old
16 – 18 years old
Minimum level B1
Price for 2 Weeks:
Course and Standard room: £4100
Course and En-suite room: £4300
2- 16 July
16 – 30 July
30 July – 13 August
£120 each way
Arrival day one day before the course start date, settle-in, induction and orientation.
Weekly one-to-one mentoring periods to be scheduled throughout the week after the morning and afternoon sessions.