GCSE French Course
What board to we do? Edexcel IGCSE French 4FR1
What is IGCSE French?
We have elected to follow IGCSE (as opposed to GCSE) as we believe it is intellectually more challenging, and gives a more accurate indication of the nature of the subject at A level for students who want to want to continue to study the subject post-16.
The qualification requires students to develop their knowledge of vocabulary and grammatical structures. The qualification gives students the opportunity to:
· develop their ability to listen to and understand the spoken French language in a range of contexts and a variety of styles
· read and respond to different types of written language
· communicate in writing
· understand and apply a range of vocabulary and structures
· develop effective language learning and communication skills
· communicate in speech for different purposes.