How to Apply

Since its foundation, David Game College has attracted students from all over the world. It is a truly international and multi-cultural education community.

The College has a Tier 4 Sponsor status from the UKVI and participates with the top universities in promoting the quality and diversity of British higher education. International students appreciate the advantages of study at David Game College as a "stepping stone" to the leading UK University degree courses.

Applying for a course at David Game College is simple but we encourage you to come and meet us, so that we can get to know you and hear what you want to achieve. For international students it may not be possible to visit the College; however you can obtain any additional information you require by contacting us by telephone +44 (0) 20 7221 6665 or by e-mailing  

The College is happy to hold online meetings with prospective students and to give information and answer all questions by email or telephone.

In order to study in the UK, students can apply for a Student visa or a Child Student visa (if you are under 18 years old).  Students from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein and who arrived before 31st December 2020, can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.  This visa will enable students to continue living and studying in the UK after 30 June 2021.  Those who arrive from 1st  January 2021 will need to apply for Student visa in order to stay and study in the UK.

In order to secure a Visa, it is important that the correct procedures are followed.  The College will issue a CAS number for each student in order to apply for the Visa after they have been accepted on one of our A level and GCSE courses, and they have paid the appropriate deposit fee.  Please visit for detailed guidance.

Visas for International Students

In March 2009, a new points-based system was introduced.  Students are now able to calculate their points score before they make a visa application.

To gain a student visa, applicants will have to score 40 points against two sets of objective criteria given below:

  • Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a College with Tier 4 Sponsor Licence: 30 points
  • Maintenance and Fund Test: 10 points

Under the new system, a student’s visa is ‘locked’ to the Sponsor that issued the CAS used for their visa application.

Each student will be issued with the CAS, provided that he or she meets the following College and UK Government requirements:

  1. He/she is educationally qualified to follow the chosen course.
  2. He/she is expected to follow a full-time course of study.
  3. He/she has an acceptable study/career plan which includes any intended further and higher study after completing the College course, and/or employment plans on returning to the home country.

New Immigration Healthcare Surcharge (IHS)


All visa students need to pay a healthcare surcharge (IHS) as part of their immigration application, if they apply outside the UK and their course is more than 6 months.  For students who apply inside the UK, healthcare surcharge (IHS) will apply to any length of time.

The surcharge for students will be £470 per year and £940 for a 2-year visa.  If the course duration is more than 6 months and up to 12 months, they will pay £470.  For course duration is from 12 months up to 2 years, they will pay £940.  To find out how much one will have to pay, please check the following link:

You must pay the healthcare surcharge and obtain a IHS reference number before you submit or send your visa application.  Your visa application will be turned down if you don’t pay the surcharge in full.

More information will be available on the Home Office website:

Changes to Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)

From 18 March 2015 students who apply for their student visas outside Uk will be issued a vignette (sticker) in their passports that is proof of their permission to enter the UK.  Students must collect their cards before the vignette sticker expires or within 10 days of arriving in the UK, whichever is later.  For further information please see the following link:

Where do i collect my BRP card?  

All David Game College students can collect their BRP cards from the College.  However, this service only apply to those students who have provided the College’s Alternative Collection Location (ACL code) during their visa application.  Otherwise, they need to collect it from a named Post Office which is stated in their decision letter.  Students under 18 years old must nominate a responsible adult to collect their BRP at a Post Office.  For further information please see the following link: