GCSE Physics Course
What board do we do? Edexcel IGCSE Physics 4PH1
What is Physics?
The branch of science concerned with the nature and properties of matter and energy. The subject matter of physics includes mechanics, heat, light and other radiation, sound, electricity, magnetism, and the structure of atoms.
What are the key aims?
The course offers students the opportunity to experience physics within the context of their general education. The course design provides a basis for progression to further study in GCE Advanced Subsidiary and Advanced Level Physics.
The Edexcel International GCSE in Physics enables students to:
- learn about the unifying patterns and themes of physics;
- acquire knowledge and understanding of physical facts, concepts and principles;
- appreciate the practical nature of physics, developing experimental and investigative skills based on correct and safe laboratory techniques;
- appreciate the importance of accurate experimental work and reporting as scientific methods;
- develop a logical approach to problem solving in a wider context;
- evaluate, in terms of their scientific knowledge and understanding, the benefits and drawbacks of real-life applications of science, including their everyday, industrial and environmental aspects;
- select, organise and present information clearly and logically, using appropriate scientific terms and conventions;
- prepare for more advanced courses in physics and for other courses which require them to have a knowledge of physics.